JOB DESCRIPTION – PRESIDENT/CHAIR
Position Title: PRESIDENT/CHAIR
Responsible to: The governing council of the Association
Main purpose of role / summary:
The role of President is a high profile figurehead role.
Main duties / tasks:
Ensuring that the organisation complies with all legal requirements
- Oversight of the organisation’s finances and risk management
- To work with the Chief Executive and within the agreed strategic and business direction agreed by the Council.
To act as an ambassador and advocate for the organisation.
- To be present at key member or public events, such as the AGM or annual conference.
- To represent the organisation and its members to wider stakeholder groups.
Key skills, attributes and desirable qualities:
The President will:
- Have high standing and reputation within their industry,
Be visionary about their sector or industry
- Have developed and maintain an extensive network of contacts so is well connected both within the sector or industry and outside
- Have public speaking skills
- Be known as an influencer and be able to shape the views of stakeholder and other external audiences
- Be able to articulate and support the organisation’s strategy
- Accurately and consistently promote the organisation’s key messages
The President will also demonstrate:
- The ability to contribute at least one day per month on Association matters
- Observance of the Association’s Code of Practise at all times
- IT literacy, to be able and willing to use technology on Association business
The President will hold office for one year and may, at the end of that time, be re- elected as President for a further year or accept the role of past-president for a period of one year.
The President may be paid an honorarium if so determined by the council or its representative Remuneration Committee and this will be reviewed annually.