The AEMT provides the following services to members.
- The AEMT provides visible leadership for the industry internationally, representing member's interests with the relevant Government Departments and through other Associations & Professional Bodies.
- It provides an informed voice of members' problems, both technical and administrative.
- The Association is used as a negotiating medium on behalf of members.
- The Association liases and seeks to promote members through its own Journal and with the Technical Press.
- International liaison with other Overseas Associations, overseas training, visits and conferences, and a growing international membership.
- The fostering of inter-trading between members, Associate members and Hazardous Area members.
- Promotion of the AEMT symbol and membership Certificate as the mark of quality.
- Promotion of the Association and its members to encourage clients to use members for necessary services and supplies.
- The preparation of Codes of Practice and related technical literature for the industry.
- The examination and circulation of advice on technical and repair issues.
- The circulation of data sheets and other technical information prepared by Associate members.
- Attendance at formative committees with regard to "drafting", International, European, and British Standard Specifications relevant to our industry.
- The collating and preparation of industry statistics.
- Maintaining the Association's web site to promote members with links to their own sites, and to provide relevant news of courses and events, and technical information on www.aemt.co.uk
If you're interested in becoming a member please make an enquiry through the form on the right or complete the membership form in the link below: