Programme and Course Content:
- Registration and Introduction
- Ignitition Sources, Flammable Gases, Vapours, and Dusts.
- The various principles of Ex protection for Gas, and Dust.
- Temperature classification, and groups of apparatus.
- Certification, certificates, standards and marking.
- The original BEAMA/AEMT Code of Practice.
- The basic requirements and general procedures to follow to comply with the responsibilities of ATEX, DSEAR, and BS IEC 60079 19 (IEC 79 19).
- The principles and repair methods for:
- Flameproof Concept, Exd and Exd
- Increased Safety Concept, Exe.
- Incendive sparking concept, Exn.
- Other methods including: Intrinsic safety, Exi, Pressurised Exp, Oil immersed ExO, Encapsulated Exm, Sand filled Exq, Specials Exs, etc.
- Mechanical Protection Concepts, Liquid Immersion, constructional safety, Flow restriction, etc.
- Installation, Reinstallation, and Testing of Ex Apparatus.
- Reports and records for Ex repairs ensuring the quality and management of repairs.
- Legal requirements and safe working practices.
The course programmes rely upon the full involvement of the delegates in discussions and exercises.
All delegates are assessed throughout the course, with multiple choice questions, and an AEMT certificate issued to all successful delegates.
Course, Length, and Times
The courses are two days starting each day at 8.15am to 4.30 pm.